Disclosure: Please note that links to merchants mentioned within this post might be using an affiliate link which means that - at zero cost to you - I might earn a commission if you buy something through my links. I never recommend anything I don’t personally use and fully stand behind.
6 Time Saving Ideas As A WAHM Or A Mom Blogger
A mom’s life is extremely busy, and a mom that is a WAHM (work at home mom), an entrepreneur aka a mompreneur, or a mom blogger (or all three) will have an even busier life. That is because she is going to be constantly juggling her work with her parenting, and that really does not end up leaving much time for anything else.
In fact, many WAHM moms tend to neglect other responsibilities such as paying their bills on time or even calling a friend back. However, the good news is that there are time saving tips that any WAHM, mompreneur, or mom blogger can utilize so that she can not only manage juggling work and parenting in an easier manner- but will have the time to take care of other tasks.
Let’s look at 6 of these tips now…
- Prioritize Tasks – Moms that are working from home can become easily overwhelmed because of having to care for their kids and businesses at the same time. The best thing to do in order to reduce the stress is to prioritize which tasks must be taken care of first. The ones that are not that important or that can wait will be done on another day or another time. That said, these moms need to see which responsibilities need to be cared for immediately, and allow the others to wait.
- Make Time For Spending Quality Time With The Kids – Mom guilt is a terrible thing to go through because of being so busy to the point of not having much time to spend with the kids. However, what these WAHMs need to do is make time for their kids. Take an hour away from work after dinner time, and don’t even think or talk about work. This is the time to spend with your kids, and this way, you will not need to feel guilty for allowing your work to take up all of your time.
- Set Up Automatic Payments – If you are constantly forgetting about when your bills are due because you are so busy with work and parenting, then you are going to end up racking up interest rates and that will hurt your credit in the long run. An easy solution for this is to set up automatic payments. This way, you don’t need to remember to pay a bill that is due on a certain day. Especially if it happens to fall on a day when your child is sick and you have 10 orders from clients to work on. Sure enough, you will forget to pay the bill otherwise.
- Delegate, delegate, delegate– This cannot be emphasized enough if you are a WAHM. You simply do not have the time to run errands, do a thorough house cleaning, or to cook a nutritious meal. This is why online grocery delivery is a WAHM’s Godsend! And, there is nothing wrong with hiring a cleaning person to take care of cleaning your house when you are too busy! And, if you can’t cook on a particular day, there is nothing wrong with ordering ready-made dinners from the grocery store or calling for takeout.
- Set a schedule – The best thing to do is to set a schedule for how you will manage your time. You will need to make allowances for extra busy days like extra client work, or those days when you need to take your kids to appointments. But you can add in your schedule time to spend with your kids, which was mentioned in point #2. You can also schedule a time to unwind with no interruptions because every mom, working or not needs to have that ME time to recharge.
- Update your blog when your kids are sleeping – If you have been upset about the fact that you are so busy with work and child-rearing duties that you have neglected your blog for a while, then make time to write new posts when your kids are sleeping. That is really the best time to manage your blog. You can also use that time to moderate blog comments from visitors.
Now that you know how to manage your time better as a WAHM, a mompreneur or a mom blogger, you will start to feel a lot less overwhelmed, and a lot more recharged, and productive once you utilize these tips. If this describes you, and if you have found other time-management tips that are not on this list, I would love you to share it with us!
Pin for later!